Bourne & Hollingsworth Garden Room Above Assembly Hotel Sky-high dining & drinking with a view B&H Garden Room is a new restaurant and bar with panoramic views of London situated in the heart of the West End by the National Portrait Gallery. Brought to you by Bourne & Hollingsworth…
The Night of the Shooting Stars
An Italian Feast at rooftop restaurant and bar B&H Garden Room.
Join us in the lush surroundings of B&H Garden Room on Thursday 15th August for a magnificent Roman feast and escape to Italy as we embrace and celebrate Ferragosto, a traditional Italian festivity. Our rooftop restaurant and bar in the heart of the west end will play host to an epic Italian banquet, with decadent dishes, all washed down with Aperol Spritzs and copious amounts of wine.
Italian summers, rather unlike our British ones, often feel sublimely endless. In tiny toy towns nestled into craggy cliffsides, prettily crayoned dwellings in pastel colours, peach-orange and sherbert lemon, rise block on block above sparkling turquoise seas. The heat is hazy, the mood is languid, lemons bake, wrinkle and drop from the trees. Decadent feasts are a given; plum tomatoes drenched in olive oil and mozzarella and garnished with the freshest basil, followed by big bowlfuls of tricolore pasta and freshly baked bread, all washed down with red wine and homemade limoncello. Delizioso!
In the midst of these lazy summer months falls Ferragosto, an international holiday celebrated throughout Italy on August 15th. Shop fronts and businesses shut their doors for the day and people throughout the country take the day off to parade gleefully through the streets in mark of this ancient holiday. The day marks the start of the Italian vacation season, with many choosing to escape the stifling heat of the city and flock to the countryside, lakes or coast.
Here at Bourne & Hollingsworth, we have decided to welcome a bit of the Italian Dolce Vita to our rooftop restaurant & bar, B&H Garden Room on Thursday 15th August. Join us for a magnificent Roman meets Meditterean feast, with freshly grilled meats and vegetables, sumptuous stuffed zucchini flowers, baked pasta, indulgent sweets and luscious fruits, all washed down with bold Italian wines, Campari cocktails and many many Aperol Spritzs.
We feel like there’s still a lot to learn from the Italian way of doing things, so if you’ve got no plans for a Venetian mini-break or a lazy Tuscan retreat, join us for Ferragosto and summer like an Italian, without having to leave London at all.
Thursday 15th August 2019
Arrival from 6.30pm - Sit for supper: 7.30pm
Tickets are priced at £45 and include a three course sharing supper. Vegan and vegetarian options available.
There will be a special drinks menu on offer throughout the evening.
10th Floor, Assembly Hotel, 27-31 Charing Cross Road, WC2H 0LS
Leicester Square (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.